This wonderful tour will let you discover the unbelievable Mountains of Abruzzo . Starting from Rieti you'll reach all the most famous Mountains where Giro d'Italia has been taken place many times . You'll cross the first day the famous and green Gole di Antrodoco , reach the Sella di Corno Pass towards to Sirente Park climbing Campo Felice from Lucoli ,on the second day you'll face His Majesty Gran Sasso climbing the highest Mountain in the Central Italy ,on the third day you'll taste the very hard Blockhaus the longest climbing in Italy 28 km for 2000 meters difference of altitude , on the fourth day you'll come back to Sirente - Velino Natural Park climbing Rocca Di Cambio and Ovindoli and last day relaxed with only Tagliacozzo climbing and arriving to Rocca Sinibalda for the final huge lunch .
This is a hard/pro tour and requires very high level of training !
Groups of 4 or more riders: can opt to make a tour private and choose their own dates.
Groups of 8 or more riders: can benefit from a 5% discount.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in double rooms in a charming farmhouses or superior bike hotel on double occupancy
- Full Cyclist Breakfast
- Dinner providing all the evening meals along with beer and soft drinks either at the house or hotel or out at carefully selected restaurants . Our tours aren’t just about great cycling they’re also about great food.
- High Quality Cycle ( Alloy , Carbon or E-Bike )
- Expert Local Cyclist will drive you during all your cycling experience
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Cost for 1 or 2 guides (for the group of maximum 16 cyclists so 1 guide for 8 group members)
- First mechanical aid kit (our cyclist and support vehicle are certified in handling first mechanical aid situations)
- Car Support with Cycle porter ( if you wish to stop your ride , a car will pick you and bring you at home )
- The support vehicle will always make itself available to provide you with complimentary refreshments , bars, gels, sports powder + bottled water, and preferred salty/sugary snacks for feed stations.
- Arrival/departure transfers from Rome Airports (FCO or CIA) . We will pick you up and drop you off at the required airport. If it’s a shared tour we will ask all the clients to arrive around a certain time to enable us to collect everyone and avoid people waiting for too long at airports.
- Taxes and VAT
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Mandatory Travel Insurance for Cyclists and Travel Insurance Bike / EUR 50 per person
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Wine, alcoholic beverages , long drinks, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Take in stunning views of Central Italy
- Reach the wonderful mountain roads of Lazio and Abruzzo
- Enjoy the Gran Sasso and Blockhaus Climb
- Discover the wild rocky mountains of Abruzzo
- Visit Lazio and Abruzzo
- Experience the Italian famous food and wine
Stages 5 Distance 557 km Elevation 9,860 m