The Epic West Sicily Tour is the road bike unbelievable experience with which you will pedal crossing wonderful places where the blue sea meets rocky mountains through historical places to discover day by day , In this Cycling Experience you can join your experience with local experienced cyclists . You'll discover the strong nature of West Sicily and at the same time you'll climb unforgettable routes like the ones in Madonie area , Erice , Segesta and more . On the first day let's make the warm-up pedaling to Corleone , the famous village where has been filmed "Il Padrino" by Francis Ford Coppola , passing from the panoramic coastal road until Termini Imerese and then climb for 2000 meters of elevation , on the second day you'll climb the long and wonderful mountains road that leads to the charming port of Marsala across the Segesta and Bosco Sorace reserve , on the third day let's go to climb the most panoramic route in Sicily (Erice ) where from sea level you'll arrive at 753 meters of altitude of Erice in a few kilometers then you'll reach the magic Scopello , on the fourth day you'll cross again the heart of Central Sicily starting from Scopello to Prizzi crossing the unbelievable Sicani Mountains Roads , on the final day here we are to cross his majesty the Madonie , unforgettable climbs up to Castelbuono with almost 2000 meters elevation for the final huge lunch .
This is a hard tour and requires very high level of training !
Groups of 4 or more riders: can opt to make a tour private and choose their own dates.
Groups of 8 or more riders: can benefit from a 5% discount.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in double rooms in a charming farmhouses or superior bike hotel on double occupancy .
- Full Cyclist Breakfast
- Dinner providing all the evening meals along with beer and soft drinks either at the house or hotel or out at carefully selected restaurants . Our tours aren’t just about great cycling they’re also about great food.
- High Quality Cycle ( Alloy , Carbon or E-Bike )
- Expert Local Cyclist will drive you during all your cycling experience
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Cost for 1 or 2 guides (for the group of maximum 16 cyclists so 1 guide for 8 group members)
- First mechanical aid kit (our cyclist and support vehicle are certified in handling first mechanical aid situations)
- Car Support with Cycle porter ( if you wish to stop your ride , a car will pick you and bring you at home )
- The support vehicle will always make itself available to provide you with complimentary refreshments , bars, gels, sports powder + bottled water, and preferred salty/sugary snacks for feed stations.
- Arrival/departure transfers from Catania Airports (CTA) . We will pick you up and drop you off at the required airport. If it’s a shared tour we will ask all the clients to arrive around a certain time to enable us to collect everyone and avoid people waiting for too long at airports.
- Taxes and VAT
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Mandatory Travel Insurance for Cyclists and Travel Insurance Bike / EUR 50 per person
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Wine, alcoholic beverages , long drinks, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Take in stunning views of Central Sicily
- Reach the wonderful and unspoiled roads of Madonie Mountains,
- Enjoy the Erice and Corleone Climb
- Discover the wild rocky mountains between Trapani and Cefalù
- Reach the West Sicily Ancient Historical Places like Segesta
- Experience the Sicilian famous food and wine
Tours 5 Distance 537 km Elevation 8,930 m