Sardinia has always been a popular escape destination, not only because of its beautiful beaches, but also because of its remote natural scenery and scenery. Its waters are similar to the Caribbean Sea! You will spend a week cycling on this rugged island. From the west coast of Alghero and Bosa, to medieval villages and Roman towns such as Santu Lussurgiu, to the historic Oristano.
You can also visit the remains of the Punic-Roman complex Tharros and admire the famous beach IS ARUTAS made of pure white quartz pebbles. You will arrive at Sardara and visit the unique Nurag Village-UNESCO cultural heritage- Barumini's Sunurasi Peak to end the journey. Food is also a mixture of various cultures and traditions. Sardinia produces a variety of high-quality wines. Taste typical recipes based on lamb, wild boar or seafood specialities (including shellfish and octopus).
Choose between Road Bike , E-Road Bike and Gravel Bike , as you prefer !
This is a Guided Tour where you'll have the support of a local expert cyclist !
Groups of 4 or more riders: can opt to make a tour private and choose their own dates.
Groups of 8 or more riders: can benefit from a 5% discount.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in double rooms in a Superior Sardinia resorts on double occupancy
- Dinner providing ( 4 nights ) the evening meals along with beer and soft drinks either at the house or hotel or out at carefully selected restaurants . Our tours aren’t just about great cycling they’re also about great food.
- Full Cyclist Breakfast
- Cost for 1 or 2 guides (for the group of maximum 16 cyclists so 1 guide for 8 group members)
- First mechanical aid kit (our cyclist and support vehicle are certified in handling first mechanical aid situations)
- Car Support with Cycle porter ( if you wish to stop your ride , a car will pick you and bring you at home )
- The support vehicle will always make itself available to provide you with complimentary refreshments , bars, gels, sports powder + bottled water, and preferred salty/sugary snacks for feed stations.
- High Quality Cycle ( Gravel , Road Bike or Road E-Bike )
- Car Support
- Sightseeing and shopping suggestions
- All Baggage transfers
- Arrival/departure transfers from Alghero Airport . We will pick you up and drop you off at the required airport. If it’s a shared tour we will ask all the clients to arrive around a certain time to enable us to collect everyone and avoid people waiting for too long at airports.
- Taxes and VAT
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Mandatory Travel Insurance for Cyclists and Travel Insurance Bike / EUR 50 per person
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Wine, alcoholic beverages , long drinks, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- A night in the heart of the impressive city of Santu Lussurgiu a medieval town home to some of Sardinian best-renowned hotel and slow food presidio
- Alghero old Catalan town with stoned walls
- A visit to the picturesque town of Bosa with his castle and coloured houses.
- Enjoying some of the best local bottarga the Sardinian caviar
Arrive at Alghero Airport, then transfer to Villa Mosca Hotel for accommodation and bike fitting . Alghero in Sardinia is a lively, beautiful city and a prosperous tourist destination, not only for summer masses and elite tourists, but also for a new cosmopolitanism. It is well known in Sardinia, because only Catalans dominate in history, you will find someone who speaks Catalan here.
The Catalan walls still surrounds the old town by the sea. A tower is built on the wall, allowing you to stroll around for a drink at sunset before the seafood dinner!
Dinner: Al Tuguri Restaurant
Cycling along the coast from Alghero to Bosa. Distance: 45 or 90km / 28 or 56 miles . When leaving Alghero and pedaling on the secondary roads , we can admire the uneven northwest coast shaped by the Mistral wind, but don’t worry, the wind will be by your side. When we arrive in Bosa, we can admire the huge complex of Castello dei Malaspina. Nature does a great job on the coast of Bosa.
In the second part of the day, we will ride along the country road through the small village, and we will see the famous Siete Fuentes water source in San Leonardo. Soon, we will arrive in Santu Lussurgiu, and enjoyed the Ghilarza plateau and a little of the southern part of Sardinia. The village where you will spend the night was developed around the small country church Santa Croce built in 1185. The village has the unique structure of an amphitheatre, and its ancient stone houses are concentrically constructed with winding, steep, and narrow cobblestone paths. Like to explore! Gourmet dinner at the hotel .
Accommodation: Antica Dimora del Gruccione Hotel in Santu Lussurgiu.
Bike Tour from Santu Lussurgiu to Oristano Distance: 59 kilometers / 36 miles
On the way, you can stop at the ancient Punic Roman spa area Fordongianus, where you can visit the ruins, then cross the Campidano plateau and cross the Temo river. Finally, you will arrive in Oristano. Free dinner in town.
Accommodation: Regina Da Boria in the province of Oristano.
Road Bike Tour from Oristano to Sinis peninsula. Distance: 59 km/36 miles, completely flat terrain. Today, head to the "Sinis" peninsula, where there are a lot of wetlands and lagoons. Depending on the season, you will be able to see flocks of pink flamingos. You will cross Riola Sardo and then over the Cabras Lagoon. Visit the ruins of the Roman port city of Punic "Tharros" and enjoy the magnificent view of the sea.
This bike experience will continue to Marina di Torre Grande, where we can stop for a typical light meal and taste the unforgettable pepper mussels from various town restaurants. Return to Cabras and taste its famous Vernaccia dry wine at Cantine Contini. Have dinner at Kalispera or Craf restaurant.
Accommodation: Regina Da Boria in the province of Oristano.
Cycling from Oristano to Sardara. Distance: 60 kilometers / 36 miles of rolling hills The first part is flat. Soon you will bypass Monte Arci and reach the center of Marmilla, known for its rolling hills. Passing through small villages such as Usellus, Ales or Simala; the particularity of Marmilla happens to be made up of small towns that are close to each other, which used to be farms. Finally, we will arrive at Sardara, a small village with an interesting historical center, where there is an ancient and sacred shrine-Sant’Anastasia. A charming hotel that will provide you with the opportunity to relax with sports massage before the last day of the cycling trip. Free dinner in town.
Accommodation: Antica Casa diana Hotel in Sadara
Loop bike ride from Sardara to Barumini.
Distance: 66 km /41mi rolling hill
You’ll ride on unspoiled roads up and down the green hills and through hidden villages. The highlight today is Barumini, a cosy village located in the heart of Sardinia which has become famous thanks to the most important archeological area of the island (UNESCO SITE): the Su Nuraxi complex. This is a must , not to be missed. Sardinia is quite well known not only for its natural beauties, but also for its typical and peculiar stone structures called Nuraghi which appeared during the Bronze Age. Unique in their way, they are a symbol of the island. farewell dinner at hotel restaurant
Accommodation: Hotel Antica Casa diana in Sardara