The week of the mountain and its magnificent Alpine pass is the birthplace of the legend of Giro d'Italia. The Great Tour of Alps follows the roads of those who fought epic battles on road bike races: an unforgettable effort to connect with international cyclists .
Surrounded by glaciers, mountains and unspoiled nature, we will trace the achievements of our great champions and our idols. Therefore, we can expect to spend a challenging week in the Alps, which is challenging, but extremely satisfactory and BednBikes will make this cycling experience suitable for all cyclists, thanks to the presence of the minibus and technical guidance throughout.
Bormio is a famous and charming ski resort, famous for hosting the World Cup of Skiing, and is also home to a famous thermal bath. It will welcome us for a week in the heart of the Alps on the Giro d’Italia highway. In addition, Valtellina's delicious cuisine awaits us every night: a well-deserved reward for our hard work on road bikes.
This is a Pro tour and requires very high level of training !!
Groups of 4 or more riders: can opt to make a tour private and choose their own dates.
Groups of 6 or more riders: can benefit from a 5% discount.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in double rooms in a charming farmhouses or superior bike hotel on double occupancy .
- Full Cyclist Breakfast
- Dinner providing all the evening meals along with beer and soft drinks either at the house or hotel or out at carefully selected restaurants . Our tours aren’t just about great cycling they’re also about great food.
- High Quality Cycle ( Alloy , Carbon or E-Bike )
- Expert Local Cyclist will drive you during all your cycling experience
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Cost for 1 or 2 guides (for the group of maximum 16 cyclists so 1 guide for 8 group members)
- First mechanical aid kit (our cyclist and support vehicle are certified in handling first mechanical aid situations)
- Car Support with Cycle porter ( if you wish to stop your ride , a car will pick you and bring you at home )
- Luggage Transfer
- Arrival/departure transfers from Florence/Pisa Airports . We will pick you up and drop you off at the required airport. If it’s a shared tour we will ask all the clients to arrive around a certain time to enable us to collect everyone and avoid people waiting for too long at airports.
- Taxes and VAT
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Mandatory Travel Insurance for Cyclists and Travel Insurance Bike / EUR 50 per person
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Wine, alcoholic beverages , long drinks, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Take in stunning views of Alps Mountains
- Reach the wonderful towns like Bormio , Santa Caterina Valfurva and Edolo
- Enjoy the famous and hard Climbs as Gavia , Mortirolo , Ghisallo and Stelvio home of Giro d'Italia
- Discover the Valtellina wild and lush nature
- Experience the Northern Italy famous food and wine
Tours 5 Distance 632 km Elevation 15,400 m