The Northern Italy Bike Tour is a special and unforgettable bike tour around the largest and most beautiful lakes in the Alps: Lake Maggiore, Lake Como and Lake Iseo. This road bike trip allowed us to explore picturesque postcards, admire these magnificent Italian lakes, and also take us through nearby hills and valleys away from tourist routes.
We will have the opportunity to embark on winding routes, traversing places where nature remains unspoiled, places where history seems to stand still, and cycling through picturesque valleys and mountains ruled by peace and quietness. Small villages and impressive mansions... the lake provides us with magnificent scenery. The last stop of our tour is Montisola on Lake Iseo, recently a "floating bridge" set by artist Christo.
This is an intermediate tour and requires very good level of training !!
Groups of 4 or more riders: can opt to make a tour private and choose their own dates.
Groups of 6 or more riders: can benefit from a 5% discount.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in double rooms in a charming farmhouses or superior bike hotel on double occupancy .
- Full Cyclist Breakfast
- Dinner providing all the evening meals along with beer and soft drinks either at the house or hotel or out at carefully selected restaurants . Our tours aren’t just about great cycling they’re also about great food.
- High Quality Cycle ( Alloy , Carbon or E-Bike )
- Expert Local Cyclist will drive you during all your cycling experience
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Cost for 1 or 2 guides (for the group of maximum 16 cyclists so 1 guide for 8 group members)
- First mechanical aid kit (our cyclist and support vehicle are certified in handling first mechanical aid situations)
- Car Support with Cycle porter ( if you wish to stop your ride , a car will pick you and bring you at home )
- Luggage Transfer
- Arrival/departure transfers from Florence/Pisa Airports . We will pick you up and drop you off at the required airport. If it’s a shared tour we will ask all the clients to arrive around a certain time to enable us to collect everyone and avoid people waiting for too long at airports.
- Taxes and VAT
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Mandatory Travel Insurance for Cyclists and Travel Insurance Bike / EUR 50 per person
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Wine, alcoholic beverages , long drinks, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Take in stunning views of Como Lake and Maggiore Lake
- Reach the wonderful towns like Bellagio , Luino and Dongo
- Enjoy the famous and hard Ghisallo Climb as the Pro in the Giro di Lombardia
- Discover the Iseo Lake wild and lush nature
- Experience the Northern Italy famous food and wine
Tours 5 Distance 386 km Elevation 5,070 m
Check-in in Milan .
Welcome from the crew, presentation of the bike tour, welcome drink, dinner.
Overnight at Hotel Villa Paradiso-Meina
Depart from Arona, a small town in the Piedmont mountains on the shore of Lake Maggiore. We rode along the entire edge of the lake and then prepared to face the ascent of Val Cannobina. From the lake, we arrive at Sella di Pian di Sale (Sella di Pian di Sale), which leads to Val Vigezzo, where the Cannobino stream forms a deep gorge and creates an evocative scene, as we Ride higher and the valley gradually opens up. In Valcanobina, with mountains, alpine farms and pastures, we will go back in time: this desolate and deserted valley is perfect for cycling. Don’t worry about climbing, because our minibus is always nearby, so we can relax while crossing the lush Val Vigezzo mountain range throughout the year. Val Vigezzo is evergreen, forests and evocative atmosphere. There is no doubt that it It is also widely known as the "Valley of Painters": portrait painters and landscape painters have come here for inspiration. Then step on the pedals and we reach the largest and most important town in the valley: Santa Maria Maggiore, a historic village located on a high plain with an altitude of only 800 m.s.l.. Relax before eating together. Overnight at Hotel Stella Alpina- Druogno
After a generous and delicious breakfast, I drove "cycling" for a long time, but it was easy. After passing the last Val Vigezzo municipality, we enter the Canton of Ticino to Switzerland, head to Borgnone, and then head towards Losone to reach Lake Maggiore. The city of Locarno on the shore. After visiting Switzerland, we returned to Italy from the charming town of Tronzano in the province of Varese. Then head to Luino and continue along the lake to the last part of the journey to Laveno-Mombello. This important town on the east bank of the lake is famous for its pier. You can take the cable car to the mountain peak of the town, Monte Sasso del Ferro (Monte Sasso del Ferro), and you can enjoy the best view on the lake by car. It is also the starting point for paragliding. Overnight at Locanda Pozzetto
After breakfast, we set off by minibus to Lake Como. Then, we will ride a bike in Cernobbio, a famous tourist attraction on the west bank of the lake, and then ride along the lake to Argegno. Here, the ascent of Val d’Intelvi is waiting for us: a valley in the province of Como, close to the border between Switzerland and San Fedele, at an altitude of 779 m. Its main town; nearby is the top of Monte Generoso (Monte Generoso), surrounded by unspoiled natural landscape, forming a spectacular landscape.After leaving the mountains, we returned to the lake and came to Porlezza, an important tourist attraction on the shore of Lake Lugano. We continued downhill until we returned to the west bank of Lake Como in Menaggio, where we could enjoy the wonderful view of the lake. Cycling along the lake, we ended the day's journey in Dongo, where we could enjoy the scenery on the lake and the surrounding scenery. Overnight at Vischi Hotel
We departed from Dongo, followed the path by the lake, and rode along the Colico Piano on the east bank of the lake. The lake has the "Montecchi" mountain (4 peaks). Our road bike takes us to Varenna, where there is a ferry from Bellagio that takes us to us, where we face the challenging hard and famous climbing, leading to the Madonna del Ghisallo . Those who know think that Ghisallo in the "Giro di Lombardia" is like the Grammont in the Flanders Tour. If you are willing to take up the challenge, you can ride with our guide as usual, otherwise, just a few kilometers away, you can reach the final destination of the day: Bellagio, one of the most beautiful places The magnificent view of the lake town. Overnight at Silvio Hotel
After breakfast, take a minibus to Lake Iseo. We will start our day in the beautiful Franciacorta. This characteristic "S"-shaped piedmont lake is located in the provinces of Brescia (east) and Bergamo (west). Driving in a clockwise direction, we will cross Predore and Riva di Solto, ride along the lake, and soon reach a small road from where you can admire the small beach and the ancient lakeside road dating back to 1910. Keep walking along the lake. With hairpin bends, short tunnels carved in the rock and picturesque cascades, we reach Castro. Here, tasting delicious ice cream, you can admire Montisola, the largest lake island in Europe. Montisola became world-famous in 2016 when it undertook the famous Christo "walk in the water" project, which is across Iseo Lake . After Sulzano, we immediately will cycle on Iseo and Sarnico, the ultimate cycling destinations. Have dinner in a typical restaurant. Overnight at Coco Hotel
Breakfast and transfer to Milan