Come with us and discover Crete: this road bike experience will bring straight to the rocky mountains , ancient monasteries and blue coastal road of unspoiled Crete. The goal of the road bike tours, is not only cycling , but even to explore the real Cretan traditions: olives plantation , avocado fields and the classic best Cretan food. In our unforgettable adventure, you will taste some of our favourite producers. Travelling with a small group of adventurers and Crete local expert cycling guides, you will enjoy the perfect combination of nature, food, sea and sport.
Choose between Road Bike , E-Road Bike and Gravel Bike , as you prefer .
This is an Intermediate Tour and requires a very good level of training
Groups of 4 or more riders: can opt to make a tour private and choose their own dates.
Groups of 6 or more riders: can benefit from a 5% discount.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in double rooms in a Chania resorts on double occupancy
- Dinner providing all the evening meals along with beer and soft drinks either at the house or hotel or out at carefully selected restaurants . Our tours aren’t just about great cycling they’re also about great food.
- Full Cyclist Breakfast
- Cost for 1 or 2 guides (for the group of maximum 16 cyclists so 1 guide for 8 group members)
- First mechanical aid kit (our cyclist and support vehicle are certified in handling first mechanical aid situations)
- Car Support with Cycle porter ( if you wish to stop your ride , a car will pick you and bring you at home )
- The support vehicle will always make itself available to provide you with complimentary refreshments , bars, gels, sports powder + bottled water, and preferred salty/sugary snacks for feed stations.
- High Quality Cycle ( Gravel , Road Bike or Road E-Bike )
- Car Support
- Sightseeing and shopping suggestions
- All Baggage transfers
- Extra equipment/accessories, free of charge: back bag, pump, lock, regular pedals, helmet, cycling bottle, first aid kit
- Taxes and VAT
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Mandatory Travel Insurance for Cyclists and Travel Insurance Bike / EUR 50 per person
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Wine, alcoholic beverages , long drinks, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Full immersion in Crete History
- Explore The wild areas of the Island
- Magical stay at an original medieval city as Chania
- Riding through scenic landscapes where “Zorba the Greek” has been filmed
- Discover the killer climbs of Central Crete
- Enjoy your resort with wine & food focus
Stages 4 Distance 258 km Elevation 3,270 m
Maleme, is a small village and military airport 16 km to the west of Chania. It is located in Platanias municipality. Maleme is best known as a landing site for German paratroopers invading Crete in 1941, at the start of the Battle of Crete (Operation Mercury) during World War II. Afrata is a beautiful village in a hilly place, about 6 km north of Kolymbari. The village and its picturesque beach are located in Rodopou peninsula, which is protected by the Natura 2000 network and is an area of unique natural beauty and environmental value. On the route between Kolimvari and Afrata do not forget to make a stop at the Orthodox Academy and the Gonia Monastery in order to experience its rich history.
Today the course drives through Malaxa mountain to Apokoronas Prefecture. A wild scenery past the most beautiful area in Chania. The nice view, the wild scenery and the beautiful villages make up an amazing picture. The district of Apokoronas in the north-eastern corner of the Chania prefecture and at the foot of the White Mountains is one of the greenest regions of Crete and contains some interesting sights, such as Lake Kournas, the island's only freshwater lake.
Georgioupolis, at the eastern end of the district of Apokoronas, used to be a sleepy little fishing village but its long (9 km) sandy beach has seen a massive development in hotels. It’s time to visit big traditional villages of Vamos & Gavalohori and the renowned fishing village of Almyrida, popular tourist destination before the riders visit the traditional villages along the Apokoronas prefecture.
The organizers have chosen for this last day a group ride past another area with spectacular view, giving the group the opportunity to complete the insight into the Cretan region and landscape. The whole Cretan countryside, hospitality and culture give the riders the desire to visit the area again soon!