Along this Self Guided Tour we will give you quality accommodation, beautiful bike paths and first-class bicycles. You will spend a week of bicycle rides in the rugged landscape of the island: from the west coast (Alghero and Bosa) to medieval villages and Roman towns such as Santu Lussurgiu. You can visit the Punic-Roman ruins complex in Tharros or the protected beach of Is Arutas made of pure white pebbles.
You will pedal to Bosa and travel through the Montiferru area. Then, you will ride to Fordongianus, where you will be able to visit the old Roman SPA. Your final destination is Guspini, which is a beautiful and wild coastal area with wonderful roads .
Choose between Road Bike , E-Road Bike and Gravel Bike , as you prefer !
This is a Hard Tour and requires a very good level of training !
Groups of 4 or more riders: can opt to make a tour private and choose their own dates.
Groups of 8 or more riders: can benefit from a 5% discount.
What is included in the tour
- Six nights in excellent three star hotels, B&B or Agriturismo
- Six full cyclist breakfast
- One dinner in a selected restaurant
- Bike delivery in Alghero and professional bike fitting
- Route notes, itineraries & sightseeing
- Restaurant and shopping suggestions
- Bikes Drop Off and gear in Guspini
- All Baggage transfers
- Taxes and VAT
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Mandatory Travel Insurance for Cyclists and Travel Insurance Bike / EUR 50 per person
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Wine, alcoholic beverages , long drinks, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- A night in the heart of the impressive city of Santu Lussurgiu a medieval town home to some of Sardinian best-renowned hotel and slow food presidio
- Alghero old Catalan town with stoned walls
- A visit to the picturesque town of Bosa with his castle and coloured houses.
- Enjoying some of the best local bottarga the Sardinian caviar
- Cycling on the Coral Coast
- Views on the terrific Sardinia South Coast
- Tharros roman ruins
- Cycling in Costa Verde
- Pink Flamingos
Tours 3 Distance 160 km Elevation 2,290 m
Meet & Greet in Alghero, bike fitting and orientation . Alghero is a lively and beautiful city, and it is a thriving tourist destination not only for summer masses and elite tourists, but also for the new cosmopolitanism. Test bikes in the old town. Here, you can walk around or sit down and have fun while enjoying a drink at sunset before the seafood dinner! Overnight stay in Alghero.
Cycling from Alghero to Stintino, then back across Nurra area. Start at your hotel and then travel through the vineyards of northern Sardinia. Take a coffee break in the wonderful Stintino ( one of the best beach in the Mediterranean ) ; from here, you can admire the island of Asinara, where a secluded and active prison is located. Ride back to Alghero to enjoy the Catalan city.
Overnight in Alghero.
You'll have a ride from Alghero to Santu Lussurgiu. Sloping along the coast on undulating hilly terrain. You leave Alghero and you'll arrive to the beautiful mountains of North-West Sardinia. Admire the large castle Malaspina in Bosa. After climbing to Montiferru Mountain, you will reach Santu Lussurgiu.
Overnight in Santu Lussurgiu
You'll cycle from Santu Lussurgiu to Oristano. This bike experience will take you to the peaks of Montiferru and ride a bike through the small villages of Sardinia . Following Cuglieri, along its breathaking landscape, you will descend towards the sea. Then continue cycling along the Sinis Peninsula, depending on the season, you will be able to see pink flamingos.
Overnight in Oristano.
Ring ride from Oristano to Fordongianus. Along the Tirso river, you will pedal through the inland Sardinian towns along a flat inland route. This circular route will take you to Fordongianus, a long time ago appreciated by the Roman legions and still loved by tourists for the spas. Enjoy this volcanic landscape and its rolling hills, then travel through the Nuragic Villages and Roman ruins nearby.
Overnight in Oristano.
Ride from Oristano to Guspini via Portu Maga. Our final stage will take you in a fishing village, and then cycle inland across the green coast ridge. Winding roads take you to a mining town, now turned into a mineral geology museum, just before you can see the final destination of the town of Guspini below.
Overnight in Guspini